Apple Pressing Service in Buckinghamshire
Based in Princes Risborough (HP27 9NJ), we are your local apple pressing service for Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire. We can turn your apples and pears into your very own delicious bottles of juice. We’ll take as much care of your apples/ pears as we do with our own organic apple juice.
What does the Apple Pressing Service Include?
- Gently pasteurised apple juice that lasts for 2 years unopened in 750ml glass bottles
- A colour personalised label with Best Before clearly printed for peace of mind
- A shrink cap around the top of the bottle that adds the finishing touch to your very own apple juice blend
- Cardboard bottle boxes to help you take your bottles home safely and easily store them
How does the service work?
We hand sort your apples/ pears on our sorting table (to make sure there isn’t any rotten fruit which would ruin your juice). We then wash them to make sure they’re clean. If you’re able to deliver clean apples this really helps us out on busy pressing days. Once the fruit is cleaned it is pulped and pressed.
We don’t filter away any of the goodness in your juice nor do we add in any nasty preservatives, water or sugar. We guarantee the juice you take away is from your apples and your apples only.
We charge £1.65 per 750ml bottle of juice with a minimum charge of £30.
There’s no need to book, just drop off your apples when we’re open! We’ll let you know when your bottles are ready to collect.
Opening Times: 10am-6pm Thursday – Monday (Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays)
Postcode: HP27 9NJ
If you’d like more information about apple pressing please read the FAQs below or send any questions to us via our our contact form
Want to hear more from us? Sign up to our newsletter.
How many bottles will I get from my apples?
- It’s very difficult to say. It really depends on the apple variety, ripeness and quality of the apples you bring. As a rough guide 50kg would yield around 35 – 40 bottles. That said, you may got more, you may get less. We can assure you that you’ll definitely get the juice from your apples with no added water, sugars or nasty preservatives. Just as nature intended
How long will my juice last for?
- Once bottled, your juice is then pasteurised so that it keeps for 2 years unopened. We recommend you store your juice in a cool dark place and once opened it should be refrigerated and consumed within 3 days
Is there a minimum charge?
- Yes, the minimum charge is £30 which equates to around 18 bottles
Should I bother pressing my cooking apples (like Bramley)?
- Of course! In fact, sharper juices like Bramley juices are our best sellers! The juice from cooking apples is a welcome change from the commercial concentrated juices you’ll find in the supermarket. It’s refreshing, makes a lovely breakfast juice and is also great to cook with
Can I use windfalls?
- Yes, you can use windfalls but please make sure only the best fruit is brought to us (not rotten and very bruised fruit) as you’d really notice a difference in the taste if these were included
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept cash or cheques only. We’re sorry, we cannot accept credit card payments. Payment is due on collection
We really value your feedback so please feel free to write a review of our service using the ‘Reviews Tab’ at the top of the page.
Please follow this link if you’d like to read more about our apple pressing service or read feedback from our 2013 season.